Organized in 2009, the Denman Island Firefighters Association is a registered organization under the BC Societies Act. Its membership is composed of all active members of Denman Island Fire Rescue including members of the Auxiliary.
The principal purposes of the Society are:
• To promote the well-being of the Fire Department members
• To promote fire prevention and effective fire control on Denman Island
• To manage the non-tax-based finances of the Denman Island Volunteer Fire Department derived from the various fund-raising activities of its members, donations and other gifts to the Denman Island Firefighters.
• To administer a Fire Protection Service Agreement with the Comox Valley Regional District for the benefit of the residents of Denman Island Fire Protection Local Service Area.
• To undertake fund-raising activities for the purposes of deriving revenue to enhance the training and facilities of the Fire Department beyond levels that can be achieved using tax-based funding; supporting the Fire Department’s secondary school scholarship fund; and, supporting worthwhile charities and local causes
• To seek grants and manage funding derived for the enhancement of the effectiveness of the fire department and the training and safety of the members