EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY THERE IS A COMPLETE FIRE BAN ON DENMAN ISLAND. NO CAMP FIRES, NO BEACH FIRES, NO OPEN BURNING OF ANY KIND.
High risk activities are now on morning shift. (please refer to the following from the CONSOLIDATED Comox Valley Regional District Bylaw No. 281 “Denman Island Fire Protection Service Regulation Bylaw No. 281”)
(h) “high risk activity” means mechanical brushing; disk trenching; preparation or use of explosives; using fire- or spark-producing tools, including cutting tools; using or preparing fireworks or pyrotechnics; grinding, including rail grinding; mechanical land clearing; clearing and maintaining rights of way, including grass mowing; any of the following activities carried out in a cutblock excluding a road, landing, roadside work area or log sort area in the cutblock:
- Operating a power saw;
- mechanical tree felling, woody debris piling or tree processing, including delimbing;
- portable wood chipping, milling, processing or manufacturing;
- skidding logs or log forwarding unless it is improbable that the skidding or forwarding will result in the equipment contacting rock;
- yarding logs using cable systems;
High risk activities
- If at any time the Fire Chief deems it advisable, the Fire Chief may order one or more High Risk Activities to be prohibited for a specified period of time.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.